Growing up in Arizona, I have seen this place develop a lot over the years. One of my favorite little city suburbs is Gilbert! Not only is it adorable but there is now so much to do there!
I remember when Gilbert felt so far away and was nothing but farm land. Now, it is full of great restaurants, fun shops and things to do with the whole family.
So here is my little guide to exploring Gilbert!
Places to eat :
- It’s no surprise to anyone who knows me well that this is the first thing on the list. It was actually one of the places I was a server at while building my photography business! But their bruschetta is something that cannot be beat!
- Liberty Market
- We have had family dinners here many times! I would have to say that there are two things here I have almost every time I dine there. The first being the whipped sweet potatoes. It is the most delicious side! And, my personal favorite dessert in all of Gilbert, bread pudding. They always have different flavors for the season and it never disappoints.
- Joes BBQ
- This place is an Arizona landmark! There are often lines that go out the door but it is so incredibly delicious! If you’re in the mood for BBQ, this is your place. And going at a time where you can eat on the benches outside makes it even more fun!
To eat AND drink!
- That’s right. Postino gets on the list twice! That’s because they have happy hour every day and it is a pitcher of beer or any glass of wine for only $5.00! What?! Such a great deal!
- For breakfast food, this is the place to go. They have sweet, savory, healthy and everything in between. Yes, their mimosas are fantastic, but a spicy bloody mary from here is the perfect touch to eat.
- OHSO Brewery
- I actually haven’t even been to this new location yet! But that will change soon, as John and I named our dog Oso and have been to the Arcadia location before. I can’t wait to stop by here for a burger and beer. Plus, their dog friendly patio!
To Do / See :
- Hale Theatre
- I’m always a fan of supporting local theatre! Hale is unique because it is performed theatre in the round style with the audience surrounding all sides of the stage. I have seen multiple shows here and have never been disappointed! I would highly recommend this as a fun family activity! Especially to escape the hear!
- Gilbert Farmers Market
- This is around every Saturday and is always busy! With food and produce like other markets, it’s classic. But there are also a lot of little stands that sell local artists work!
So there you have it, one of my favorite little suburbs of Phoenix! The newly developed strip of Downtown Gilbert is full of great stuff!!
Explore your city!