You’re Engaged! YAY! Now what?!
Well, planning a wedding can be stressful. It takes a lot of time, energy and money. But it is also an incredibly wonderful and important chapter in your life! So don’t let the stress be consuming.
Well, whether you are a bride or groom or just want to get a head start on planning your dream day, let me help!
Today, I want to give you an idea of the first five vendors to book for your wedding day. Now, keep in mind that this is different depending on each couple and their day, this is definitely not anything set in stone you must follow. It is simply a guideline based on my experience with helping countless couples plan their big day.
Let’s dive right in, shall we?
- Your venue! You have to pick your venue in order to pick your date. And it is going to be hard to hire any other vendors without having a set wedding date. Plus, decisions like colors, flowers, decor and more will be determined a lot based on the time of year you are getting married. So first and foremost, look at venues.
- Event Planner / Coordinator / Designer
- Now, not everyone uses these services but I think it is so important to at least research it first. There are companies that offer full planning and design. But some of those companies offer partial planning services or just coordination as well. The reason I think this is so important is because they can be a great resource on helping keep your planning on track. They can give vendor recommendations and get you in touch with the right people!
- Photographer (+videographer!)
- Now, I will just speak for myself to start, but I usually book clients about a year in advance. I would say it is between 8-14 months before a wedding date that clients usually reach out to me to book. Occasionally it is more than that and sometimes less. However, once I have a wedding booked, I am booked! So if you have a photographer you know you want to work with, contact them as soon as you have your date set to check their availability. Or, contact them before! See what days they have open and work around that! This goes for videography too if you are having your wedding filmed.
- This probably doesn’t need to be on the list because most of the time, you want to try on dresses as soon as you’re engaged! But I put it on here because you need to give yourself ample time to find the right dress. It may be the first one you try on but it also may take months to find. And you want time for delivery, alterations and to just try it on and twirl around in your bedroom!
- A DJ is such an important part of a wedding because they set the party tone! If you are having a big fun reception, you have to have a DJ that fits well with you. I suggest doing your research, contacting people and companies and booking your DJ as soon as you can!
Now, get to planning!
(picture from this beautiful day!)
And again, don’t let the stress consume you! This is a fun time, enjoy it!